Students in this course (Level 1) will learn:
- About deafness, Deaf Community and Culture
- Conversation Practice: Learn how to communicate with deaf people in Auslan without voice
- Develop an appreciation for Auslan & develop practical Auslan skills
- Access genuine Auslan with a Deaf teacher
- Learn through face-to-face learning and FREE access to our Auslan Online video tutorials
- Receive a good introduction before committing to accredited courses
Certificate & Student Handbook: All participants will receive a certificate & a colour printed handbook.
For more information about this course, download the PDF.
*PDF coming soon
This course (Level 1) is for people who:
- Want to be introduced to Auslan (Australian Sign Language) and Deaf Culture
- Want a short course at a relaxed pace
- Want to attend classes within their local area
- Are managers, employers & employees, teachers, health professionals, friends & colleagues of deaf or hard-of-hearing people
- Are interested in working with deaf or hard-of-hearing people
Note: This course is nonrefundable but can be rescheduled anytime for up to 12-months. Or credited towards any of our other Auslan workshops or courses or Auslan products (excluding postage costs).