Our DAT workshops are delivered by Lisa Mills, a published author in deaf awareness and an experienced trainer fluent in Auslan (Australian Sign Language) and Spoken English. Lisa’s recent credits include winning the ‘inspiring others to achieve’ award and cover star of Sensis’ White and Yellow Pages 2014 / 15 Sunshine Coast edition. And, guest presenting at the National Deaf Summit, which focused on current workplace issues for deaf people. The Summit was hosted by Deafness Forum Australia.
Venue: At the Organization’s nominated venue – throughout Australia only.
Investment: Please contact us for a price. Tax invoices will be issued for In-House Training. (This training maybe subsidised or fully funded by the Australian Government – please contact us for more information).
Choose from any of the following:
- 4-hours ‘All-Inclusive’ Workshop
- 2-hours ‘Essentials’ (for organisations based in South East QLD only)
- Or request a 4-hours ‘Customised’ Workshop
For more information about this course, download the PDF.
Workshop Learning Outcomes:
- Develop awareness of the differences between deaf and hard of hearing people
- Discover the statistics about deaf including hard of hearing people in Australia
- Discover effective communication tactics to use with deaf people to:
- Improve communication and workflow with deaf people
- Avoid miscommunication and resolve conflicts with deaf staff
- Strengthen relationships with deaf staff
Government Funding / Subsidy:
If you have a deaf employee you may be eligible to have the costs of this training subsidized or fully reimbursed by the Australian Government.
Please contact us for more information.
Please fill out the form above if you would like to organise a training workshop for your organisation!